Upon completing this chapter, you will be able to describe and configure call-coverage components in Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) and be able to meet the following objectives:
• Identify call-coverage options in CUCM
• Describe call forwarding, shared lines, and call pickup
• Describe call-hunting implementation in CUCM
• Describe call-hunting options and line-group distribution algorithms
• Describe the process of call hunting
• Implement call hunting in CUCM
Many businesses have sales or service departments that handle inbound calls from customers. These businesses typically need several phone lines and a way to make the lines work together in a cohesive manner. If a representative is busy or not available, ...