Chapter 7. Integration and functional testing with Spock
This chapter covers
- Understanding the categories of unit tests in an enterprise application
- Writing integration tests for the Spring framework
- Testing REST endpoints with Spock
- Performing web-based tests with Spock and Geb
- Using Spock as part of the build process
At this point in the book, you probably want to start writing Spock tests for your own application. If you’re a single developer or your application is fairly small and self-contained (for example, a standalone utility), then the previous chapters have covered the most important Spock features you’ll need. If, on the other hand, you’re part of a bigger team that works in large enterprise applications with an existing build infrastructure ...