Enough about learning the fundamentals of the intriguing JavaFX platform; it's now time to start implementing visually stunning and dynamic Java-based rich Internet applications (RIAs) for your desktop or mobile front end. This book will show you what the JavaFX platform can really do for Java desktop and mobile front ends. It presents a number of excellent visual effects and techniques that will make any JavaFX application stand out—whether it's animation, multimedia, or a game. The techniques shown in this book are invaluable for competing in today's market, and they'll help set your RIAs apart from your competitor's.
Create visual effects that perform well.
Add subtle animations to bring any application to life.
Use the graphical power of the JavaFX platform.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Authors
- About the Technical Reviewers
- Chapter 1: JavaFX Design Considerations
- Chapter 2: Effect: Particle Systems
- Chapter 3: Effect: Visual Transitions
- Chapter 4: Effect: Animated Lighting
- Chapter 5: Effect: Advanced Interpolators
- Chapter 6: Effect: Physics
- Chapter 7: Effect: Animated Image Sequences
- Chapter 8: Effect: Animated Gradients
- Chapter 9: Effect: Audio Visualizer
- Chapter 10: Effects: Physics and Particles
- Chapter 11: Pulling It All Together: Clown Cannon
- Title: JavaFX™ Special Effects: Taking Java™ RIA to the Extreme with Animation, Multimedia, and Game Elements
- Release date: December 2009
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430226239