Chapter 5. Web Application Information Gathering
In this chapter, we will cover the following recipes:
- Setting up API keys for recon-ng
- Using recon-ng for reconnaissance
- Gathering information using theharvester
- Using DNS protocol for information gathering
- Web application firewall detection
- HTTP and DNS load balancer detection
- Discovering hidden files/directories using DirBuster
- CMS and plugins detection using WhatWeb and p0f
- Finding SSL cipher vulnerabilities
One of the most important phases of an attack is information gathering.
To be able to launch a successful attack, we need to gather as much as information as possible about our target. So, the more information we get, the higher the probability of a successful attack.
It is also important ...