This appendix offers a brief overview of common errors that occur in Processing, what those errors mean and why they occur. Whenever possible, Processing attempts to rephrase an error message to be clear and friendly, however the language of error messages is still often cryptic and confusing, mostly due to their origins in the Java programming language.
For these error messages, I will use the following conventions:
• Variables in the error messages will be named myVar.
• Arrays in the error messages will be named myArray.
• If the error is related to a class, the class will be named Thing.
• If the error is specifically related to an object variable, the variable will instead be named myThing.
• If the error is related to a ...