Chapter 3. Foundational data architecture patterns
This chapter covers
- Data architecture patterns
- RDBMSs and the row-store design pattern
- RDBMS implementation features
- Data analysis using online analytical processing
- High-availability, read-mostly systems
- Hash trees in revision control systems and databases
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.
You may be asking yourself, “Why study relational patterns? Isn’t this book about NoSQL?” Remember, NoSQL means “Not only SQL.” Relational databases will continue to be an appropriate solution to many business problems for the foreseeable future. But there are situations where relational databases aren’t the best match for a business problem. This ...