2. Bernstein, P., Against the Gods: The Remarkable Story of Risk (John Wiley & Sons, 1998).
3. The Joyti De-Laurey trial attracted much media attention in the UK at the time – see the Telegraph article “City secretary guilty of £4.5m fraud” (20 April 2004) as an example.
5. Joint Australia/New Zealand Standards Board, “Risk Management Standard” (1995).
6. There are many books about Admiral Nelson and the Battle of Trafalgar. One of the most comprehensive and fluent accounts of the Trafalgar campaign is provided by Clayton, T. and Craig, P., Trafalgar: The men, the battle, the storm (Great Britain: Hodder and Stoughton, 2004).
8. See BBC News Europe (8 September 2011) for a good summary of the Galliano case.
9. There has been extensive media coverage of the BP oil spill arising from the Macondo well blow-out in the Gulf of Mexico, as well as a report from the US National Commission investigating the tragedy. See the in-depth archive at the Financial Times for a good summary (www.ft.com/indepth/bp-oil-spill).
10. See Smith, ...