B. PRINCE2 Business Case Quality Criteria Checklist
When the business case is complete, PRINCE2 suggests that the project manager check the document against the following quality criteria:
• The reasons for the project must be consistent with the corporate or program strategy.
• The project plan and business case must be aligned.
• The benefits should be clearly identified and justified.
• It should be clear how the benefits will be realized.
• It should be clear what will define a successful outcome.
• It should be clear what the preferred business option is and why.
• Where external procurement is required, it should be clear what the preferred sourcing option is and why.
• It should be clear how any necessary funding will be obtained.
• The ...