Chapter 9. Cross-cutting concerns: monitoring and logging
This chapter covers
- Monitoring in a microservice system
- Exploring structured logging and the Serilog logging library
- Adding correlation tokens to log messages
- Logging requests and request performance
- Logging unhandled exceptions
In this chapter, you’ll start using the knowledge about OWIN you gained in chapter 8 to create reusable pieces of OWIN middleware that address some important cross--cutting concerns: monitoring and logging. Both are needed across all microservices, and they play an important role in making a microservice system operation-friendly. Once your system is in production, you need to know whether all your microservices are up, which is why you need to monitor ...