What is a microservice?
In short, a microservice is a very narrowly focused service that has the following characteristics:
- A microservice is responsible for a single piece of functionality.
- A microservice is individually deployable.
- A microservice consists of one or more processes.
- A microservice owns its own data store.
- A small team can maintain a handful of microservices.
- A microservice is replaceable.
You can use these characteristics in two ways: to guide the design and implementation of microservices, and to recognize microservices
when you see them.