Appendix A. Troubleshooting
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Do’s and Don’ts to Prevent Problems
- Common Problems and Solutions
- How to Use Express Data Tools to Back Up and Restore
- Recovering from Problems
Now that you know how to use Express, you can learn what to do if something goes wrong. In this appendix, you will view common errors and their solutions. In addition, you’ll learn how to back up data and what to do if catastrophe strikes.
The following are general computer tips and things to avoid when using Express.
- Hold a CD by its edge and avoid fingerprints and scratches on the shiny side.
- Close all programs, such as Express, before shutting down the computer.
- Make sure all power switches (Uninterruptable Power Supply [UPS], ...