How Thomas Edison's system for collaboration can benefit any team
Thomas Edison created multi-billion dollar industries that still exist today. What many people don't realize is that his innovations were generated through focused approaches to teamwork and collaboration. Authored by the great grandniece of Thomas Edison, Midnight Lunch provides an intriguing look at how to use Edison's collaboration methods to strengthen live and virtual teams today. Edison's four phases of collaboration success offer a simple yet powerful way to see how different combinations of live and digital resources can multiply results and deliver outstanding ROI now.
Shows how to draw together individuals from diverse disciplines, ensuring multiple perspectives and rapid problem-solving
Explains how to mix specialists and generalists on the same team, preventing groupthink and discouraging a culture of "superstars"
Reveals the steps needed to reskill team members for collaboration in the digital era
Team members from any field can take Midnight Lunch to their project meetings, engage instantly, identify action steps based on the book, and generate high-impact results.
Table of contents
Chapter 1: What Is True Collaboration?
- Is It True Collaboration, or Is It a Team?
- Team A versus Team B
- Thomas Edison Mastered Collaboration as a Force for Success
- Tracing Edison’s Collaboration Beliefs and Practices
- Edison’s Four Phases of True Collaboration
- True Collaboration Fosters a Growth Mindset: Balancing Learning and Performance
- True Collaboration Is a Superskill That Builds a New Type of Knowledge Asset
- Chapter 2: Why Is True Collaboration So Crucial Now?
- Chapter 3: Phase 1
- Chapter 4: Phase 2
- Chapter 5: Phase 3
- Chapter 6: Phase 4
- Chapter 7: True Collaboration
- About the Author
- Title: Midnight Lunch: The 4 Phases of Team Collaboration Success from Thomas Edison's Lab
- Release date: December 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118407868
You might also like
Collaboration: How Leaders Avoid the Traps, Build Common Ground, and Reap Big Results
In Collaboration, author Morten Hansen takes aim at what many leaders inherently know: in today's competitive …
The Little Book of Big Management Theories, 2nd Edition
101 management theories from the world’s best management thinkers – the fast, focussed and express route …
Conversations that Get Results and Inspire Collaboration: Engage Your Team, Your Peers, and Your Manager to Take Action
Achieve All Your Business Goals Using the Art of Conversation “This book will increase your influence …
The Power of Collaboration
To succeed these days your organization must create amazing results. Your employees and teams may be …