When you’re under pressure to produce a well designed, easy-to-navigate mobile app, there’s no time to reinvent the wheel. This concise book provides a handy reference to 70 mobile app design patterns, illustrated by more than 400 screenshots from current iOS, Android, BlackBerry, WebOS, Windows Mobile, and Symbian apps.
User experience professional Theresa Neil (Designing Web Interfaces) walks you through design patterns in 10 separate categories, including anti-patterns. Whether you’re designing a simple iPhone application or one that’s meant to work for every popular mobile OS on the market, these patterns provide solutions to common design challenges. This print edition is in full color.
Pattern categories include:
- Navigation: get patterns for primary and secondary navigation
- Forms: break the industry-wide habits of bad form design
- Tables and lists: display only the most important information
- Search, sort, and filter: make these functions easy to use
- Tools: create the illusion of direct interaction
- Charts: learn best practices for basic chart design
- Invitations: invite users to get started and discover features
- Help: integrate help pages into a smaller form factor
—Bill Scott, Senior Director of Web Development at PayPal"Looks fantastic."
—Erin Malone, Partner at Tangible UX"Just a quick thanks to express my sheer gratitude for this pub, it has been a guide for me reworking a design for an app already in production!"
—Agatha June, UX designer
Table of contents
- Mobile Design Pattern Gallery
- 1. Navigation
- 2. Forms
- 3. Tables & Lists
- 4. Search, Sort & Filter
- 5. Tools
- 6. Charts
- 7. Invitations
- 8. Feedback & Affordance
- 9. Help
- 10. Anti-Patterns
- About the Author
- Title: Mobile Design Pattern Gallery
- Release date: March 2012
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781449314323
You might also like
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Official Study Guide
Validate your AWS skills. This is your opportunity to take the next step in your career …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
Mastering Rust - Second Edition
Become proficient in designing, developing and deploying effective software systems using the advanced constructs of Rust …
Making Sense of NoSQL
If you want to understand and perhaps start using the new data storage and analysis technologies …