Chapter 21. Conclusions and where next for Java
This chapter covers
- The new Java 8 features and their evolutionary effect on programming style
- The new Java 9 module system
- The new six-monthly Java incremental-release life cycle
- The first incremental release forming Java 10
- A few ideas that you’ll likely see implemented in some future version of Java
We’ve covered a lot of material in this book, and we hope that you feel that you’re ready to start using the new Java 8 and 9 features in your own code, perhaps building on our examples and quizzes. In this chapter, we review the journey of learning about Java 8 and the gentle push toward functional-style programming, as well as the advantages of the new modularization capability and other minor ...