Businesses today encounter different levels of difficulty when adopting Kubernetes. Issues such as resource management, data security, networking, and organizational changes are common when taking this container orchestration system into production. This comprehensive report will help you confront these issues and offer solutions for using Kubernetes in your organization.
IT ops personnel, SREs, and developers will examine the common obstacles companies face when deploying Kubernetes, including architectural considerations for adopting both Kubernetes and a multicloud architecture. You'll also learn how to keep data secure wherever your workload lives. How do you know when your business, your people, and your systems are ready? This report provides answers.
- Tackling the code: consider the practical concerns your team will encounter when facing a technical rollout of containers
- Tackling the infrastructure: weigh the effort to take on new technology versus working with a partner to operate your Kubernetes systems
- Operations and security: examine the operations, security challenges, and possible solutions when adopting Kubernetes
- People and process: be honest about encouraging the behavior you require when embracing a DevOps culture
Table of contents
- 1. What Problems Are You Solving and Are You Ready?
- 2. Tackling the Code
- 3. Tackling the Infrastructure
- 4. Operations and Security
- 5. People and Process
- Title: Overcoming Infrastructure Obstacles When Deploying Production-Ready Kubernetes
- Release date: October 2020
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492092421
You might also like
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) Study Guide
Developers with the ability to operate, troubleshoot, and monitor applications in Kubernetes are in high demand …
Building Event-Driven Microservices
Organizations today often struggle to balance business requirements with ever-increasing volumes of data. Additionally, the demand …
Building Microservices, 2nd Edition
Distributed systems have become more fine-grained as organizations shift from code-heavy monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained …