A simple road map to the world of professional presentations
What happens when you're asked to give a speech, professionally or personally? If you get nervous, start sweating, and hope it's all just a bad dream then you aren't alone, but you need help. Painless Presentations proves that speaking doesn't have to be painful, or even stressful. A speech is a means to giving great, helpful material to an audience and the speaker is the vehicle to achieve that goal. This simple-to-read book guides those just beginning their journey into the world of speaking. Painless Presentations teaches the "Dozen Deadly Dangers" to avoid and much more.
Explains how to gather information and materials
Details the structure of a presentation
Describes uses of visual aids and vocal variety
Demonstrates how to handle questions
Painless Presentations offers wisdom derived from Lenny Laskowski's thirty-five-year speaking career, delivering more than 2,700 programs to clients in over 178 countries. It will give you no-sweat tips for delivering speeches that win over your audiences every time and teaches you that giving speeches doesn't have to be painful.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: The Seven Aspects of Speaking
Chapter 2: Gathering Information and Materials
- Reference Works
- The Internet
- What Visual Aids Will You Use during Your Presentation? Will You Use Any Visual Aids?
- Where Will You Stand during Your Presentation?
- Presentation Preparation as a Process
- Information Overload
- Using Videos and Music during Your Presentation
- Chapter 3: The Structure of a Presentation
- Chapter 4: Use of Visual Aids
- Chapter 5: Learning Styles
- Chapter 6: Nonverbal Messages
- Chapter 7: How to Handle Questions
- Chapter 8: The Effective Speech
- Title: Painless Presentations: The Proven, Stress-Free Way to Successful Public Speaking
- Release date: October 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118431498