Wield your power for greater influence and impact.
With formal authority comes power. But few people realize that informal power--the kind that doesn't come with a title--can have just as much impact. How do you use your power for greater influence?
This book explains how power affects our emotions, our behavior, and how we work with others. You'll learn how to use self-awareness to keep your power in check, connect with the right people to create more value, respond to abuses of power, and leave a lasting impression.
This volume includes the work of:
- Dan Cable
- Peter Bregman
- Harrison Monarth
- Dacher Keltner
HOW TO BE HUMAN AT WORK.
HBR's Emotional Intelligence Series features smart, essential reading on the human side of professional life from the pages of Harvard Business Review. Each book in the series offers proven research showing how our emotions impact our work lives, practical advice for managing difficult people and situations, and inspiring essays on what it means to tend to our emotional well-being at work. Uplifting and practical, these books describe the social skills that are critical for ambitious professionals to master.
Table of contents
- Series Page
- Title Page
- 1. Don’t Let Power Corrupt You
- 2. What’s Your Power Style?
- 3. How to Figure Out How Much Influence You Have at Work
- 4. Four Ways Leaders Fritter Their Power Away
- 5. Make Your Team Feel Powerful
- 6. How to Use Your Superpower for Good
- 7. Feeling Powerful at Work Makes Us Feel Worse When We Get Home
- 8. How to Work with a Manipulative Person
- 9. Sex, Power, and the Systems That Enable Men Like Harvey Weinstein
- 10. Use Your Everyday Privilege to Help Others
- 11. To Create Change, Leadership Is More Important Than Authority
- 12. How to Think About Building Your Legacy
- 13. How Humble Leadership Really Works
- Title: Power and Impact (HBR Emotional Intelligence Series)
- Release date: November 2019
- Publisher(s): Harvard Business Review Press
- ISBN: 9781633697959
You might also like
The Go Programming Language
is the authoritative resource for any programmer who wants to learn Go. It shows how to …
The Phoenix Project
Bill is an IT manager at Parts Unlimited. It's Tuesday morning and on his drive into …
Introducing Python, 2nd Edition
Easy to understand and fun to read, this updated edition of Introducing Python is ideal for …
Fluent Python, 2nd Edition
Python’s simplicity lets you become productive quickly, but often this means you aren’t using everything it …