Building a VM script using all the pieces
Consider the following parameters:
- Premise: Create a script that will prompt a user for information to build a new VM
- Inputs: This includes vCPUs, memory, datacenter, DRS cluster, valid datastore, Resource Pool, VM folder, customization specification, and data disk size
- Outputs: These are freshly built VM to specs
- Assumptions: Data gathering will be done on valid information from the virtual environment itself; no hard coded information will be valid unless specified in the script to the user (for example, the OS disk size)
- Script: Consider the following code snippet:
Connect-vCenter.ps1 <# .Synopsis Does the lifting of connecting to a vCenter .Description Starts VIMAutomation Module Gets Credentials Gets the ...