Improve Parallel Data Access using Multithreading Techniques
In this chapter, you will learn about:
- Threads and multithreading.
- How to write and manage threads with locks in iPhone applications.
- General concepts related to the multithreading environment.
- Safety: The program should generate the expected result.
- Liveness: The expected result has to be finally generated at some point.
- Performance: The expected result has to be quickly generated.
- Knowing when to use threads.
- Knowing many different alternatives between threads and some other built-in solutions provided by Apple.
Today’s computing devices have more and more processors. The iPhone is no exception; sooner or later, the iPhone will have multiprocessors; in fact, Android ...