Building on the framework developed in the previous edition, Project Manager Competency Development Framework – Third Edition extends the framework both vertically (to include program and portfolio managers) and horizontally (to cover continued development for the roles of project/program/portfolio managers).
The Project Manager Competency Development (PMCD) Framework – Third Edition:
• Aligns with the PMP® Examination Specification
• Aligns with the PMBOK® Guide – Fifth Edition
• Aligns with The Standard for Program Management – Third Edition
• Aligns with The Standard for Portfolio Management – Third Edition
• Builds upon the framework from the second edition (knowledge, performance, and personal competencies), in particular the personal competencies
• Provides examples of evidence required to demonstrate competence
• Recognizes and addresses the need for career development along a continuum of expertise and experience
The PMCD Framework is designed so all participants in the project management process are able to assess their current level of project/program/portfolio management competence.