Book descriptionA Comprehensive Framework for Project Planning in Any Industry!
Project Planning Techniques is a comprehensive reference for project managers in any discipline, outlining the latest proven-effective methods based on solid research. Blending practical experience with academic rigor, this authoritative resource will help you develop a deeper understanding of current knowledge and best practice techniques for project success.
With practical examples from many industries, Project Planning Techniques gives you a firm understanding of how these methods are applied in real-world situations.
• Get a solid foundation in project planning fundamentals
• Discover the latest indices and models for project selection and prioritization
• Gain an understanding of the schedule network and the project schedule
• Learn processes and techniques for monitoring expenditures during the implementation phase
• Explore the relationship between knowledge management and project management - and how you can manage project knowledge by integrating techniques from both systems
From start to finish, Project Planning Techniques will help you improve your understanding of project planning — and your performance as a project leader.
Bonus CD-ROM: Project Planning Techniques includes a bonus CD-ROM with comprehensive examples from several industries, including WBS, RBS, network diagrams, project estimates, and much more.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- About the Author
- Chapter 1. Introduction
- Chapter 2. Work Breakdown Structure
- Chapter 3. Resource Breakdown Structure
- Chapter 4. Estimating Models
- Chapter 5. Scheduling
- Chapter 6. External Projects
- Chapter 7. Progress Monitoring
- Chapter 8. Change Management
- Chapter 9. Managing Project Knowledge
- Title: Project Planning Techniques Book (with CD)
- Release date: September 2005
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781523096220
You might also like
Project Management: Best Practices for IT Professionals
Master project management, today's most critical business skill! Project management leadership is today's #1 business skill. …
Using the Project Management Maturity Model, 3rd Edition
The industry validated Project Management Maturity Model developed by Dr. Harold Kerzner—updated and expanded Using the …
Project Planning and Project Success
Project planning is generally accepted as an important contributor to project success. However, is there research …
AWS Certified Developer - Associate Guide
An effective guide to becoming an AWS Certified Developer About This Book This fast-paced guide will …