By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Explain the application deployment process to the cloud
- Explain the difference between SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS
- Set up different configurations between development and production environments
- Set up the Heroku cloud platform
- Install and configure Heroku Postgres
- Use the Heroku command-line interface (Heroku CLI) to deploy an application
- Set up the Postman environment variable
In this chapter, we are going to deploy our application to Heroku and test it using Postman.
In the previous chapter, we added the cache and rate limit functions to our Smilecook applications. These last two functions are very useful, especially when we are dealing with ...