All advances build on the prior efforts of others. This work grew up in the context of a number of influences from the last fifteen years of computing. This list is not exhaustive, and I hope I do not offend those whom I missed or who did not receive as much publicity, but I would like to call out
• The influencers and signatories of the Agile Manifesto
• The pioneers of early Agile development approaches, such as Kent Beck with eXtreme Programming
• The Gang of Four and Martin Fowler for design patterns and refactoring
• The software craftsmanship movement and Robert C. “Uncle Bob” Martin
• More recent seminal work in software testing by Michael Feathers and Gerard Meszaros
I have had the good fortune to work with several ...