Use the latest data mining best practices to enable timely, actionable, evidence-based decision making throughout your organization! Real-World Data Mining demystifies current best practices, showing how to use data mining to uncover hidden patterns and correlations, and leverage these to improve all aspects of business performance.
Drawing on extensive experience as a researcher, practitioner, and instructor, Dr. Dursun Delen delivers an optimal balance of concepts, techniques and applications. Without compromising either simplicity or clarity, he provides enough technical depth to help readers truly understand how data mining technologies work. Coverage includes: processes, methods, techniques, tools, and metrics; the role and management of data; text and web mining; sentiment analysis; and Big Data integration. Throughout, Delen's conceptual coverage is complemented with application case studies (examples of both successes and failures), as well as simple, hands-on tutorials.
Real-World Data Mining will be valuable to professionals on analytics teams; professionals seeking certification in the field; and undergraduate or graduate students in any analytics program: concentrations, certificate-based, or degree-based.
Table of contents
- About This eBook
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Books in the FT Press Analytics Series
- Dedication Page
- About the Author
1. Introduction to Analytics
- Is There a Difference Between Analytics and Analysis?
- Where Does Data Mining Fit In?
- Why the Sudden Popularity of Analytics?
- The Application Areas of Analytics
- The Main Challenges of Analytics
- A Longitudinal View of Analytics
- A Simple Taxonomy for Analytics
- The Cutting Edge of Analytics: IBM Watson
- 2. Introduction to Data Mining
- 3. The Data Mining Process
- 4. Data and Methods in Data Mining
- 5. Data Mining Algorithms
- 6. Text Analytics and Sentiment Analysis
- 7. Big Data Analytics
- Title: Real-World Data Mining: Applied Business Analytics and Decision Making
- Release date: December 2014
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 9780133551150
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Making Sense of Data I: A Practical Guide to Exploratory Data Analysis and Data Mining, 2nd Edition
Praise for the First Edition "...a well-written book on data analysis and data mining that provides …
Storytelling with Data: A Data Visualization Guide for Business Professionals
Don't simply show your data—tell a story with it! Storytelling with Data teaches you the fundamentals …