Currently, there are over 75 status codes to report the statuses of various operations. The HTTP status codes are classified into the following five categories:
- 1xx Informational: This code indicates informational messages
- 2xx Successful: This code indicates successful processing of the requests
- 3xx Redirection: This code indicates that an action needs to be taken by the client to complete the request
- 4xx Client error: This code indicates a client error
- 5xx Server error: This code indicates a server failure in fulfilling the request
It is always recommended to return the appropriate status codes in response to a RESTful web API call. The status code present in the response helps the client take ...