• Reasons for remote networking
• The history of remote access
• Remote access requirements
• Remote access with SLIP, PPP, and L2TP
• Using VPNs and the Internet for remote access
In today’s world of commerce, business is often accomplished on the run as employees travel from location to location to conduct their affairs. People find it advantageous to access their employer’s network from home, a branch office, and other locations. Walk through a hotel lobby, an airport lounge, or even a café, and you will encounter network surfers, busy at work communicating with their company’s information systems...or perhaps busy playing online Scrabble.
Whatever the network session might be, remote ...