Chapter 8. Using the right collection
- Determining the appropriate collection for an algorithm
- Descriptions of immutable collection types
- Descriptions of mutable collection types
- Changing the execution semantics of a collection from strict to lazy and back
- Changing the execution semantics of a collection from sequential to parallel and back
- Writing methods for all collection types
The Scala collections library is the single most impressive library in the Scala ecosystem. It’s used in every project and provides myriad utility functions. The Scala collections provide many ways of storing and manipulating data, which can be overwhelming. Because most of the methods defined on Scala collections are available on every collection, ...