Using old-style (open source) plugins
To start off, let's take a look at old-style plugins. So what are they?
- They are a way of adding extensions or functionality to open-source SoapUI.
- They typically create/configure new SoapUI framework elements, for example,
Factories(more on those later).
- They are written in Java or compiled in Groovy.
- They are packaged and deployed as JAR files.
- There are currently six example plugins available for download, for example, Email TestStep, Groovy Console, Programmable Web, RAML, Runscope, and Swagger plugins.
Why are they called old-style?
The following are the reasons:
- SoapUI pro/SoapUI NG has a newer plugin framework (see the Plugin Manager recipe for more information)
- The new ...