Are you interested in getting out of the audience observing and onto the stage sharing your thoughts, ideas, and experience with the world? If so, Speaker Camp is for you!
Russ Unger and Samantha Starmer are seasoned and popular presenters at venues such as South by Southwest, and numerous other events around the world. Their insights and expertise will guide you through the steps you need to take to be in the limelight too.
Using a clear and concise workshop-like approach, you’ll learn to:
create an abstract
craft a biography
organize and structure content
practice your presentation
prepare to present to an audience
What’s more, Speaker Camp covers the mechanics of presenting material onstage, managing an audience, and how to approach making updates and revisions to presentations after you’ve given them.
You’ve got a lot to say, and people deserve to hear it!
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Praise for Speaker Camp
- 1. Brainstorming Your Big Idea
- 2. Writing Your Presentation Proposal
- 3. Writing Your Bio
- 4. Structuring Your Presentation
- 5. Creating Your Presentation
- 6. Practicing Your Presentation
- 7. Presentation Tips and Techniques
- 8. Managing the Audience
- 9. Iterating Your Presentation
- Additional Resources
- Title: Speaker Camp: A Self-paced Workshop for Planning, Pitching, Preparing, and Presenting at Conferences
- Release date: November 2013
- Publisher(s): New Riders
- ISBN: 9780133551662