In this chapter, you will gain knowledge about
• The history of financial markets and exchanges
• The creation of market indices by Charles Dow
• The development of technical analysis in the United States over the past century
• The impact that academic theory and fundamental stock market analysis have had on the development and use of technical analysis
• The impact that data availability and computer power have had on the development of technical analysis
Although technical analysis is thought to be an ancient method of analyzing markets and prices, its history has been poorly recorded. We do not have recorded evidence of technical analysis ...