Introduction: What Is Good about Discomfort?
1. Joseph Jaworski. Synchronicity: The Inner Path of Leadership. Berrett-Koehler, 1996. The description of how Jaworski defines true leadership is on page 2 of the introduction, written by Peter Senge.
2. Michael Gazzaniga. Who’s in Charge: Free Will and the Science of the Brain. Ecco, 2011, page 43.
3. Ibid., page 67.
4. Srinivasan S. Pillay. Your Brain and Business: The Neuroscience of Great Leaders. FT Press, 2011, pages 132–137.
5. Daniel Kahneman, Thinking, Fast and Slow. Farrar, Straus & Giroux, 2011. Kahneman describes what happens when thinking is disrupted and new perception forms on pages 24, 33, 51, 89, and 174.
6. Joshua Fields Millburn and Ryan Nicodemus, The Discomfort Zone. The ...