While the Green Agenda dominates Western environmental debate, has a high public profile and claims to represent the settled, consensus view of the worldwide scientific community, there are a number of counter-arguments which suggest that the consensus is not as consensual as is usually represented. These counter-arguments are expressed in, or by:
• The sunspot theory;
• The Skeptical Environmentalist;
• The UK television Channel 4 programme, ‘The Great Global Warming Swindle’;
• The work of the Danish National Space Center;
• The opposition of the developing world;
• Accusations of alarmism;
• Identification of inconsistent record keeping;
• Special pleading.
A sunspot is defined ...