Book descriptionLeverage the framework of visionaries to innovate, disrupt, and ultimately succeed as an entrepreneur
The Lean Entrepreneur, Second Edition banishes the "Myth of the Visionary" and shows you how you can implement proven, actionable techniques to create products and disrupt existing markets on your way to entrepreneurial success. The follow-up to the New York Times bestseller, this great guide combines the concepts of customer insight, rapid experimentation, and actionable data from the Lean Startup methodology to allow individuals, teams, or even entire companies to solve problems, create value, and ramp up their vision quickly and efficiently.
The belief that innovative outliers like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates have some super-human ability to envision the future and build innovative products to meet needs that have yet to arise is a fallacy that too many fall prey to. This 'Myth of the Visionary' does nothing but get in the way of talented managers, investors, innovators, and entrepreneurs. Taking a proven, measured approach, The Lean Entrepreneur will have you engaging customers, reducing time to market and budgets, and stressing your organization's focus on the power of loyal customers to build powerhouse new products and companies. This guide will show you how to:
- Apply actionable tips and tricks from successful lean entrepreneurs with proven track records
- Leverage the Innovation Spectrum to disrupt markets and create altogether new markets
- Use minimum viable products to drive strategy and conduct efficient market testing
- Quickly develop cross-functional innovation teams to overcome typical startup roadblocks
The Lean Entrepreneur is your complete guide to getting your startup moving in the right direction quickly and hyper-efficiently.
Table of contents
- SPECIAL THANKS
- 1 STARTUP REVOLUTION
- 2 LEAN INTO CHANGE
- 3 ALL THE FISH IN THE SEA
- 4 WADING IN THE VALUE STREAM
- 5 CORE LEAN ENTREPRENEUR
6 THE LEAN JOURNEY
- FROM HERE TO ETERNITY: GROWTH PHASES
- PHASE 1: IDEA PHASE: THIS IS GONNA BE BIG!
- PHASE 2: MVP FOR A FEW: I’VE PROVEN THAT A FEW PEOPLE CARE!
- PHASE 3: A FUNNEL OF MANY: I’VE PROVEN THAT A LOT OF SIMILAR PEOPLE CARE, AND SOME ARE GAGA!
- PHASE 4: MULTIPLE FUNNELS: HOLY WOW, WE’RE GROWING LIKE CRAZY WITH A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT GROUPS OF PEOPLE!
- PHASE 5: SCALING A PROFITABLE BUSINESS MODEL: SHAMPOO, RINSE, REPEAT
- FINALLY, ENTERPRISE: LARGE AND SUCCESSFUL; SLOW AND BUREAUCRATIC
- 7 THE FINAL WORD
- APPENDIX: CASE STUDIES
- ACKNOWLEDGMENTS (1ST EDITION)
- ABOUT THE AUTHORS
- Title: The Lean Entrepreneur
- Release date: March 2016
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119095033
You might also like
Running Lean, 2nd Edition
We live in an age of unparalleled opportunity for innovation. We’re building more products than ever …
Product Roadmaps Relaunched
A good product roadmap is one of the most important and influential documents an organization can …
Don't engineer by coincidence-design it like you mean it! Filled with practical techniques, Design It! is …
Fluent Python, 2nd Edition
Python’s simplicity lets you become productive quickly, but often this means you aren’t using everything it …