Breakthrough strategies for emulating or competing with your newest and toughest threat: innovative companies in emerging-market nations
Western organizations are quickly losing influence to emerging market multinationals, as evidenced by such developments as Tata Motors’s acquisitions of Land Rover and Jaguar; Lenovo’s purchase of IBM’s ThinkPad business; HTC’s stature as the fourth largest global smartphone manufacturer; Haier’s 5% global appliance market share; and LG, Samsung, and Hyundai rise in the automobile, appliance, and consumer electronics market.
To help you compete, The New Emerging Market Multinationals outlines the disruptive strategies deployed by emerging-market multinationals (EMNCs) and provides breakthrough strategies for following in their footsteps or beating them at their own game.
Amitava Chattopadhyay is the L'Oreal Chaired Professor of Marketing-Innovation and Creativity at INSEAD.
Rajeev Batra is the S.S. Kresge Professor of Marketing at the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan.
Aysegul Ozsomer is associate professor of Marketing at Koç University, Istanbul, Turkey.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- The New Emerging Market Multinationals: Four Strategies for Disrupting Markets and Building Brands
- Copyright Page
- Introduction and Overview
- 1 Choosing Consumer Segments and Expanding Internationally
- 2 Strategic Competency Building
- 3 International Expansion Through Acquisitions
- 4 Brand-Building Strategies and Road Map
- 5 Building Brand Awareness on Limited Budgets
- 6 Building Perceptions of High Quality, Leadership, and Trust
- 7 Global Brand Associations and Architecture
- 8 Managing a Global or Regional Brand
- 9 Key Takeaways
- Appendix: Company Descriptions
- Title: The New Emerging Market Multinationals: Four Strategies for Disrupting Markets and Building Brands
- Release date: June 2012
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071782906
You might also like
Measure What Matters
In an online and social media world, measurement is the key to success If you can …
Programmable Logic Controllers, 6th Edition
This textbook, now in its sixth edition, continues to be straightforward and easy-to-read, presenting the principles …
Hire With Your Head, 4th Edition
Discover the secrets of one of the world’s leading talent acquisition experts In the newly revised …
Interaction Design, 5th Edition
A new edition of the #1 text in the human computer Interaction field! Hugely popular with …