Dr. H. James Harrington and Frank Voehl have gathered together the thoughts and ideas of more than 20 of the most creative innovation thought leaders from business, professional practice, and academia in this compelling book. The thought leaders look at innovation from almost every angle – their statements offer an unparalleled view of innovation and provide a depth of insight that is extraordinary.
Harrington and Voehl’s reflection on each chapter, and on the sections within the book, provides useful links between themes and reinforces the relationships between many of the ideas. Anyone interested in innovation (practitioner or researcher) will benefit from this global thought collection.
The contributors' multiple perspectives, models, practical examples, and stories provide a sense of innovation that no single writer could ever capture. A company’s future growth will only come through successful innovation.
This book is organized around Dr. Harrington's innovation pyramid, which consists of the 16 building blocks required to bring about significant improvements in an organization’s ability to deliver creative products. It highlights the principles and recommendations in ISO's new innovation standard 56002 and provides many new concepts that are not included in the standard. It includes a free, powerful, and valuable online customized innovation maturity analysis.
Following three unassailable facts will strike you as soon as you read this book:
1. Innovation is the new mantra; whether you're involved in a not-for-profit, for-profit, service sector, or governmental organization.
2. Understanding that innovation and creative activities penetrate into every part of an organization requiring multiple perspectives that drive a new way of thinking and working that impacts the organization's culture, social operations, and commercial context that impacts the total organization, and not just new products or services.
3. Innovation is an exciting adventure. Total Innovative Management Excellence (TIME): The Future of Innovation (978-0-367-43242-3, 340635) draws on insights from around the globe in order to be competitive in fast-moving technologies.
Table of contents
- Half Title
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Table of Contents
- Foreword: The Imperative for Innovation
- Introduction to Total Innovation Management Excellence
- BB1. Value-Added to Stakeholders: The Foundation
- BB2. Innovative Organizational Assessment
- BB3. Innovative Executive Leadership
- BB4. Performance and Cultural Change Management Plans
- BB5. Commitment to Stakeholders’ Expectations
- BB6. Innovative Project Management Systems
- BB7. Innovative Management Participation
- BB8. Innovative Team Building
- BB9. Individual Creativity, Innovation, and Excellence
- BB10. Innovative Supply Chain Management
- BB11. Innovative Design
- BB12. Innovative Robotics/Artificial Intelligence: The Future of Innovation
- BB13. Knowledge Assets Management
- BB14. Comprehensive Measurement Systems
- BB15. Innovative Organizational Structure
- BB16. Rewards and Recognition: Traditional and Emerging Methods for Recognizing Innovation Excellence
- TIME Book Summary
- Appendix A: Glossary
- Appendix B: List of the Most Used and/or Most Effective: Innovative Tools and Methodologies in Alphabetical Order
- Title: Total Innovative Management Excellence (TIME)
- Release date: April 2020
- Publisher(s): Productivity Press
- ISBN: 9781000060461
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …
Python for Programmers, First Edition
The professional programmer's Deitel® guide to Python® with introductory artificial intelligence case studies Written for programmers …