A practical, informative, and accessible guide to getting started in trading
Louise Bedford has been coaching and mentoring traders for almost twenty years, and in Trading Secrets, Third Edition she's back to share what she's learned. Whether you're just starting out in the trading world, or you're an old hand looking for some new tricks, this book is for you. Packed with everything you need to get in on the action and consistently profit from the markets, Trading Secrets is your personal coach to becoming a trading mastermind.
Designed to educate, motivate, and guide you through the sometimes confusing world of trading, the book shows you how to set up a trading business and, most importantly, master your number one trading foe; yourself. Known for her witty and entertaining style, Bedford has demystified the world of share trading for thousands of investors and traders, and you're next.
Brings together the processes, careful planning, and risk control techniques that Bedford has used throughout her own successful trading career
Offers fascinating insights into everything from how to handle a windfall profit to why men and women trade differently
Includes end-of-chapter review materials, essential for helping you master the material
Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- Title Page
Part I: Business secrets
- Chapter 1: Stop trading, start thinking
- Chapter 2: Trust a broker? Are you crazy?
- Chapter 3: Get ready for action
- Chapter 4: Got a job? Hang on in there … for a while
Part II: It takes all sorts
- Chapter 5: It's all about sex
- Chapter 6: The best gift you can give your child
- Chapter 7: Find a hero - the undervalued success secret
- Chapter 8: Trader - know thyself
Part III: Trading tools
- Chapter 9: History never repeats. Are you sure?
- Chapter 10: Stop playing blind archery
- Chapter 11: Speed counts. Should you get online?
- Chapter 12: Show me the money!
- Chapter 13: Sector analysis - your shortcut
Part IV: Trade management secrets
- Chapter 14: GFC victims didn't use stops
- Chapter 15: Most people suck at money management
- Chapter 16: More bang for your buck
- Chapter 17: It's TattsLotto time
- Chapter 18: Warning! Measure or go broke
Part V: Recession-smashing strategies
- Chapter 19: Make the bear your friend
- Chapter 20: Options multiply your results
- Chapter 21: New trading products
Part VI: Words of wisdom
- Chapter 22: Associate with success
- Chapter 23: Write it down or suffer the consequences
- Chapter 24: Habits determine your success
- Chapter 25: The real secret
- Title: Trading Secrets: Killer trading strategies to beat the markets and finally achieve the success you deserve, 3rd Edition
- Release date: July 2012
- Publisher(s): Wrightbooks
- ISBN: 9781118319239