Leverage your brand of leadership for maximum results
Unleashing Your Inner Leader: Executive Coach Tells All presents the premise that there is a powerful leader inside each of us. The focus is on real life exercises and case studies to help you discover, release, and leverage your inner leader: to reach heights in your career that you never thought possible. The book discusses the individual's impact on the organization and which professional behaviors most frequently demonstrate leadership competencies. Conduct a "forensic intervention" to find out what is going awry in your professional development, or what has gone wrong in the past, and craft a strategy to overcome obstacles, gain unmistakable clarity about yourself, and focus your abilities to match organizational needs.
Great leaders start their assessments from the inside out, and their passion is so strong that it permeates their organizations and builds the culture, regardless of rank. They inspire their teams by sharing the spotlight and encouraging coworkers to excel, operating with clean authenticity to maximize results. Unleashing Your Inner Leader helps you recognize where you fall on the leadership spectrum, and provides practical advice for shaping your brand of leadership to capitalize on your authentic capability and potential. You'll find expert insight as an executive business coach guides you to:
Evaluate your strengths, values, and personal impact to craft a vision for the world around you
Discover what's holding you back from maximum effectiveness
Tap into your undiscovered potential, and inspire your team to excellence
Recognize what it will take to move you and your organization to the next level
It is often very difficult for leaders to see their own greatness, unlock it, and use it in a practical way to get results. Be the spark that ignites your team, and steer your own development toward becoming an impactful leader with Unleashing Your Inner Leader.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- About Me
- About the Book
- CHAPTER 1: You and Your Inner Leader
PART ONE: Know Yourself … Authentically
- CHAPTER 2: Strengths: Who Are You?
- CHAPTER 3: Values: What Do You Stand For?
- CHAPTER 4: Impact: What Do You Do?
CHAPTER 5: Personal Brand: How Do Others See You?
- WHAT IS A PERSONAL BRAND?
- PERSONAL BRANDING IS ABOUT HOW OTHERS PERCEIVE YOU
- ARE YOU ON THE CAREER LEDGE?
- FIVE STEPS TOWARD PERSONAL BRANDING
- PERSONAL BRAND EXERCISE 1: WHO ARE YOU?
- PERSONAL BRAND EXERCISE 2: WHAT DO YOU DO?
- PERSONAL BRAND EXERCISE 3: WHAT IS YOUR UNIQUE PROMISE OF VALUE?
- PERSONAL BRAND EXERCISE 4: WHAT ARE YOUR RESULTS?
- PERSONAL BRAND EXERCISE 5: WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF YOUR RESULTS?
- EXAMPLES: PERSONAL BRAND STATEMENTS
- PUTTING YOUR PERSONAL BRAND TO WORK
- PERSONAL BRAND EXERCISE 6: COMMUNICATE YOUR PERSONAL BRAND DAILY
- PERSONAL BRAND EXERCISE 7: COMMUNICATE YOUR PERSONAL BRAND ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- PERSONAL BRAND CHAPTER SUMMARY
PART TWO: Evolve Your Inner Leader
CHAPTER 6: Productivity: How Do You Get Work Done?
- HOW DISCIPLINED ARE YOU?
- THE GREAT DANE
- PRODUCTIVITY EXERCISE 1: ELIMINATE THE BOTTOM 30 PERCENT OF YOUR WORK
- PRODUCTIVITY EXERCISE 2: SAY NO TO ONE WORK TASK PER DAY
- HOW GOOD ARE YOU AT SAYING NO?
- MANAGING YOUR ENERGY FOR SUCCESS
- PRODUCTIVITY EXERCISE 3: BUILD A RECOVERY ROUTINE TO SUSTAIN RESULTS
- PRODUCTIVITY EXERCISE 4: BUILD A LONG-TERM RECOVERY ROUTINE TO SUSTAIN RESULTS
- PRODUCTIVITY CHAPTER SUMMARY
- CHAPTER 7: Mentoring: Helping Others and Helping Yourself
CHAPTER 8: Personal Language: What Does Your Language Say about You?
- DO YOU TALK TOO MUCH (AND SAY NOTHING)?
- DO YOU ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS?
- PERSONAL LANGUAGE EXERCISE 1: MAKE A LIST OF WHAT QUESTIONS
- IS YOUR PERSONAL LANGUAGE SABOTAGING YOUR EFFECTIVENESS?
- PERSONAL LANGUAGE EXERCISE 2: CHANGE YOUR FAVORITE PHRASES
- THREE TIPS TO EFFECTIVE PERSONAL COMMUNICATION
- PERSONAL LANGUAGE CHAPTER SUMMARY
CHAPTER 9: Career Evolution: Where Are You Going?
- WHAT IS YOUR NEXT STEP?
- SUCCESSFUL CAREER EVOLUTION PROCESS PHASE 1: DISCOVER YOUR STORY
- SUCCESSFUL CAREER EVOLUTION PROCESS PHASE 2: NETWORK
- CAREER EVOLUTION EXERCISE 1: APPRECIATE THOSE WHO'VE HELPED YOU
- SUCCESSFUL CAREER EVOLUTION PROCESS PHASE 3: INTERVIEWING
- CAREER EVOLUTION EXERCISE 2: TELL YOUR CAR STORIES
- SUCCESSFUL CAREER EVOLUTION CHAPTER SUMMARY
CHAPTER 10: Career Evolution: Building Your Leadership Legacy
- BUILDING YOUR LEADERSHIP LEGACY
- WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF SUCCESS?
- SUCCESS EXERCISE 1: WHAT WILL SUCCESS LOOK LIKE?
- SUCCESS EXERCISE 2: UNCOVER YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS
- FIND FUTURE SUCCESS IN YOUR PAST
- SUCCESS EXERCISE 3: TURN OFF THE SELF-DOUBT AND TURN UP THE FACTS
- LIVING YOUR LEADERSHIP LEGACY
- CAREER EVOLUTION: BUILDING YOUR LEADERSHIP LEGACY CHAPTER SUMMARY
- CHAPTER 6: Productivity: How Do You Get Work Done?
PART THREE: Inspire Your Inner Leader
- CHAPTER 11: Guiding Principles
- CHAPTER 12: Letting Go of Me to Get to Us
- CHAPTER 13: Reflecting on the Past to Get to the Future
- CHAPTER 14: When You Become the Inspiration
- About the Author
- Title: Unleashing Your Inner Leader: An Executive Coach Tells All
- Release date: February 2015
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118855041
You might also like
Value Stream Mapping: How to Visualize Work and Align Leadership for Organizational Transformation
The first of its kind—a Value Stream Mapping book written for those in service and office …
INSPIRED, 2nd Edition
How do today’s most successful tech companies—Amazon, Google, Facebook, Netflix, Tesla—design, develop, and deploy the products …
High-Impact Interview Questions, 2nd Edition
Ask the right questions. Hire the best people. Most prospective hires come well prepared. So how …
Leading with Strategic Thinking: Four Ways Effective Leaders Gain Insight, Drive Change, and Get Results
Be a more effective leader with strategic thinking Leading with Strategic Thinking reveals what effective leaders …