Book descriptionCalling is natural. We all possess it. It needs only to uncovered, not
discovered. Whistle While You Work makes the uncovering process inspiring and fun. Featuring a unique “Calling Card” exercise—a powerful way to put the whistle in your work—it is a liberating and practical guide that will help you find work that is truly satisfying, deeply fulfilling, and consistent with your deepest values.
Richard Leider and David Shapiro combine straightforward advice for how you can discover your calling with dozens of inspiring stories featuring individuals who have found—or are in the process of finding—theirs. Most importantly, they provide an inspiring, effective, and entertaining guide to discovering the work you were born to do. It will equip you to see a clear picture of what your right work is and what to do with your limited time here on Earth.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Introduction if you can’t get out of it, get into it!
- Chapter 1 what do I want to be when I grow up?
Chapter 2 what is my calling card?
- Doing What You Do
- Connecting Who You Are with What You Do
- “It’s for You”
- Should I Quit My Day Job?
- Labor of Love
- Calling Cards
- List of Calling Cards
- Calling Cards Instructions
- Get Into It!
- Your Calling Journal
- Day One
- Your New Calling Card: Who You Are and What You Do
- Did You Choose Your Work or Did Your Work Choose You?
- Chapter 3 gifts—is my job my calling?
- Chapter 4 passions—what keeps calling me?
- Chapter 5 values—where do I get connected?
- Chapter 6 how do heed the call?
Chapter 7 legacy—did I answer the call?
- Are You Driving a Taxi?
- Replacing Selfishness with Selflessness
- What Really Matters, Anyway?
- If I Could Do It All Over Again, What Would I Do Differently?
- Leave a Little Heaven Behind
- Legacy? What Legacy? I’m Just One Person!
- Putting a Finish on Our Lives
- Listening with the Third Ear
- Training Our “Third Ear”
- Is It Worth It?
- Did I Answer the Call?
- about the authors
- Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- Title: Whistle While You Work
- Release date: January 2001
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781576759523
You might also like
The Whistleblowing Guide
Choose the best speak-up arrangements for your organisation The last five years have seen dramatic and …
The New Rules of Management: How to Revolutionise Productivity, Innovation and Engagement by Implementing Projects That Matter
A guide for modern organisations about optimising productivity, creating a culture of innovation, and building high-performing …
Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High, Second Edition (Audio Book)
The New York Times and Washington Post bestseller that changed the way millions communicate “[ Crucial …
Harvard Business Review on Advancing Your Career
If you need the best practices and ideas for achieving career growth and fulfillment--but don't have …