O’Reilly Online Learning Offers One of the World’s Largest Selections of Corporate Learning and Training Content for Business and Technology
BOSTON—August 10, 2020—O’Reilly, the premier source for insight-driven learning on technology and business, today announced that the company has been named to Training Industry’s Top 20™ Online Learning Library Companies List for the third consecutive year. Training Industry, a leading research and information resource for corporate learning leaders, prepares its Top 20 List to inform professionals of online learning library providers that offer the strongest and most diverse set of services and offerings.
O’Reilly was recognized for offering one of the world’s largest selections of content in business and technology today. O’Reilly’s online learning platform provides 2.5 million users with 45,000+ titles, 30,000+ hours of video, and hundreds of live online training courses on over 1,000 topics. Each year, the company adds thousands of new titles and learning resources in a variety of formats including live online training courses, learning paths, case studies, certification guides, books, and videos—guaranteeing a breadth and depth of learning content to 66 percent of Fortune 100 companies.
“As the pace of technological change continues to accelerate, the most important thing businesses can do is to continue to follow the trends on new technologies and provide their teams with the tools necessary to build skills and learn new technologies as they come to market,” said Laura Baldwin, president at O’Reilly Media. “Our purpose at O’Reilly is to ensure businesses and technologists get access to the learning content, training, and expert resources they need to continue to learn and innovate. We’re extremely proud to be a trusted partner to the thousands of organizations who rely on us to share the knowledge and teach the skills people need to stay ahead in an ever-changing economy.”
This year, O’Reilly introduced the following improvements to its online learning platform:
- With the acquisition of Katacoda, interactive learning environments and sandboxes enable users to learn new technologies hands-on in real environments with actual production tools. Users progress through guided, contextual steps running next to a live coding environment.
- Certification Guides help learners prepare for exams with content created by official certification vendor partners—including self-paced books, instructor-led videos and interactive practice tests.
- Expert Playlists provide content in multiple modes and topics, curated by the most respected names in technology and business. Sharing enables access to playlists from peer-to-peer, across an organization, and with O’Reilly users.
- Insights API, an extension of major updates to O’Reilly’s Insights Dashboard, provides a single-pane-of-glass view into learning modules—from linear and non-linear learning patterns to deepening and broadening topic engagement—to better understand and measure how teams learn.
- Resource Centers help educate about a specific topic or technology with curated content for all levels. Learners are guided on where to begin and where to go next.
“This year’s Top 20 Online Learning Library Companies List features a strong set of organizations offering relevant, up-to-date, on-demand content, and personalized features that enhance the learning experience,” said Ken Taylor, president of Training Industry, Inc. “Through reinforcement tools, assessments, and pathways, these companies have exceeded expectations in engaging the learner and sustaining the impact of training.”
The Top Online Learning Library List is based on thorough analysis of the capabilities, experience, and expertise of online learning library providers. Selection of this year’s list were based on industry visibility, innovation, and impact; the breadth and quality of courses and content; company size and growth potential; quality of clients and geographic reach. The full list of winners is available here:
For more information about O’Reilly online learning, watch a demo here.
About Training Industry, Inc.
Training Industry (https://trainingindustry.com) is the most trusted source of information on the business of learning. Our authority is built on deep ties with more than 450 expert contributors who share insights and actionable information with their peers. Training Industry’s live events, articles, magazine, webinars, podcast, research and reports generate more than 5 million industry interactions each year, while the Top 20 Training Companies Lists help business leaders find the right training partners. For a complimentary referral, visit https://trainingindustry.com/rfp.
For 40 years, O’Reilly has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s SaaS-based training and learning solution, O’Reilly online learning. O’Reilly delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information, visit www.oreilly.com.