"Good old fashioned advice on how to have a great attitude, delivered in a pithy andinteresting way."?
—Karen Leland, bestselling author of Watercooler Wisdom: How Smart PeopleProsper in the Face of Conflict, Pressure and Change?
"Sam Glenn is known for his funny and motivational presentations and for his ability to give people a kick in the attitude. Now he has done it in print."
—Stewart Clifford, Enterprise Media
"Sam Glenn energizes our worldwide audience with his profound sense of humor andgentle wisdom, making this giant in the motivation industry powerful and approachable. Experience his energy firsthand and feel it wake you up to the life you've always dreamed of."
—Markandeya, Life Without Limitation, EnergyTalkRadio.com
"If there were an Attitude Hall of Fame, Sam Glenn and this book would be inducted into it! A Kick in the Attitude is the best book I've ever read on how to take an enthusiasticattitude and crank up your life to a higher, more powerful and successful level!"
—Anne Bruce, professional speaker and author of Discover True North andHow to Motivate Every Employee
"Sam gets it when it comes to attitude. Read A Kick in the Attitude to jumpstart whateverybody needs for success—a great attitude."
—Dr. Charles Stone, pastor and author
"No matter what your current 'drama,' the principles in A Kick in the Attitude will give you the motivation to turn any situation around."
—Marlene Chism, author of Success is a Given
"Has the economy of 2009 got you down? Is life throwing lemons at you the size of cannon balls? Then stop and read this book.?Sam Glenn is 'The Attitude Guy'!?He will get you thinking about you and your attitude, then guide you to the understanding that you, and only you, control your attitude."
—Bob Hamm, Senior Account Manager, Omnipress
Table of Contents
- 1. Another Book on Attitude?: Yes, but One with a Slight Kick!
- 2. How a Kick in the Attitude Transformed a Negative, Uptight, Complaining, Blaming, Depressed Man into "The Attitude Guy™"
3. A Kick in the Attitude Principle #1: Everything Starts with Your Attitude
- 3.1. Chew on This
- 3.2. So Why Get a Better Attitude?
- 4. A Kick in the Attitude Principle #2: Transform Your Attitude in the Same Time It Takes to Shower
5. A Kick in the Attitude Principle #3: The Gateway to a Better Attitude Starts the Moment You Lighten Up!
5.1. What Does It Mean to Lighten Up?
- 5.1.1. Four Reasons to Lighten Up and Laugh It Up
- 5.1.2. Using Humor in the Workplace
- 5.1.3. Employ Humor in the Workplace
- 5.1.4. Four Quick Ways to Activate Your Humor Muscle
- 5.1. What Does It Mean to Lighten Up?
- 6. A Kick in the Attitude Principle #4: Attitude Nourishment—A Small Dose of Vitamin A Can Turn a Dull, Negative Person Positive
- 7. A Kick in the Attitude Principle #5: Your Attitude Is Either in the Way, On the Way, or Creating a Way
- 8. A Kick in the Attitude Principle #6: If You Don't Like the Picture of Your Life, Start Painting Something Different
- 9. A Kick in the Attitude Principle #7: When You Doubt Yourself, You Defeat Yourself
- 10. A Kick in the Attitude Principle #8: Courage Is the Defining Force That Conquers Fear, Average, and Bullies
11. A Kick In the Attitude Principle #9: You Can't Move if Your Battery Is Dead—How to Give Your Attitude Muscles
- 11.1. What Are the Benefits of Recharging Yourself?
11.2. Keep Your Attitude Batteries Charged Daily
- 11.2.1. Go for a Walk
- 11.2.2. Get Enough Sleep
- 11.2.3. Plan Your Meals
- 11.2.4. Get Out of Town
- 11.2.5. Do Nothing
- 11.2.6. Pamper Yourself
- 11.2.7. Turn off Technology
- 11.2.8. Sing, Even Sing Badly
- 11.2.9. Take Your Attitude Vitamins
- 11.2.10. Do a Mental Detox
- 11.2.11. Use Uplifting, Empowering Words When You Talk to Yourself
- 11.2.12. Look for the Lighter Side in Situations
- 11.2.13. Limit Your Time with Toxic Attitudes (People)
- 11.2.14. Collect Resources to Serve as Your Attitude Jumper Cables
12. A Kick in the Attitude Principle #10: It's Not the Season, but How We Respond in the Season That Counts
- 12.1. Shift Is Going to Happen, so Deal with It
- 12.2. Reinterpret Negative Information
- 12.3. Attitude Can Affect the Quality of All Seasons You Go Through
- 12.4. Maybe You Don't Have It Quite so Bad
- 12.5. Utilize Your Attitude Jumper Cables
- 12.6. Realize the Rescue Boat May Not Look Like What You Expect
- 12.7. Take Action and Don't Let Excuses Sink Your Boat
13. A Kick in the Attitude Principle #11: Give Yourself Permission to Dream Big Dreams
- 13.1. Tips for the Realization of Goals and Dreams
- 13.2. Keep Moving
14. A Kick in the Attitude Principle #12: The Strength of the Wolf Is in the Pack and the Strength of the Pack Is in the Wolf
- 14.1. Little Things Count Big
- 14.2. The Silent Treatment
- 14.3. Surround Yourself with a Circle of Encouragers
- 14.4. Some People Just Don't Fit into Our Lives
- 14.5. Make Peace with Your Past so It Won't Screw Up the Present
- 14.6. Practice Forgiveness
- 14.7. What about When We Let Others Down?
- 14.8. Success Means Nothing if You Are Standing Alone
- 14.9. Networking Is about Building Positive Relationships
- 14.10. Teamwork Is Vital to Achieving Any Form of Success
- 15. A Kick in the Attitude Principle #13: Positive Leadership Inspires and Motivates Teamwork
- 16. A Kick In the Attitude Principle #14: Always Take the High Road
- 17. A Kick In the Attitude Principle #15: Emotional Management—Tame Your Tiger or It Will Eat You
18. A Kick In the Attitude Principle #16: FUN—A Simple Cure for Office Indigestion
- 18.1. What Light Is to the Bulb, Fun Is to Us
18.2. Fun That Functions in the Workplace
- 18.2.1. Fun Is Simple, so Keep It Simple
- 18.2.2. Establish a Fun Committee.
- 18.2.3. Create a Humor Bulletin Board
- 18.2.4. Be Smart about Cultural Differences
- 18.2.5. Kick Off Your Meetings with Attitude Starters
- 18.2.6. Hold Contests with Prizes
- 18.2.7. Food Is Always Fun
- 18.2.8. Play Doh
- 18.2.9. Take a Break
19. A Kick in the Attitude Principle #17: Attitude Is Like Chalk Dust—It Gets on Everything You Touch
- 19.1. What Is the Benefit of Giving and Creating Excellence?
- 19.2. How One Airline Lost $1 Million over a $50 Seat
- 19.3. Get a Clue
- 19.4. If You Aren't Sure What Else to Do, Sing
- 19.5. Some Just Need a Simple Nudge to Create Greatness
- 19.6. Brand Yourself with Your Experience
- 19.7. You Are Either a Duck or an Eagle
- 19.8. You Can't Please Them All
- 20. A Kick In the Attitude Principle #18: What Will Your Legacy Be?
- And Now for a Wrap Up
- Attitude in Action Plan
- Title: A Kick in the Attitude: An Energizing Approach to Recharge your Team, Work, and Life
- Release date: January 2010
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470528051