Provides technical details and developments for all automotive power transmission systems
The transmission system of an automotive vehicle is the key to the dynamic performance, drivability and comfort, and fuel economy. Modern advanced transmission systems are the combination of mechanical, electrical and electronic subsystems. The development of transmission products requires the synergy of multi-disciplinary expertise in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and electronic and software engineering.
Automotive Power Transmission Systems comprehensively covers various types of power transmission systems of ground vehicles, including conventional automobiles driven by internal combustion engines, and electric and hybrid vehicles. The book covers the technical aspects of design, analysis and control for manual transmissions, automatic transmission, CVTs, dual clutch transmissions, electric drives, and hybrid power systems. It not only presents the technical details of key transmission components, but also covers the system integration for dynamic analysis and control.
- Covers conventional automobiles as well as electric and hybrid vehicles.
- Covers aspects of design, analysis and control.
- Includes the most recent developments in the field of automotive power transmission systems.
The book is essential reading for researchers and practitioners in automotive, mechanical and electrical engineering.
Table of contents
- Series Preface
- 1 Automotive Engine Matching
- 2 Manual Transmissions
3 Transmission Gear Design
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Gear Design Fundamentals
- 3.3 Design of Tooth Element Proportions of Standard Gears
- 3.4 Design of Non‐Standard Gears
- 3.5 Involute Helical Gears
- 3.6 Gear Tooth Strength and Pitting Resistance
- 3.7 Design of Automotive Transmission Gears
- 3.8 Planetary Gear Trains
- 4 Torque Converters
- 5 Automatic Transmissions
- 6 Automatic Transmissions
- 7 Continuously Variable Transmissions
- 8 Dual Clutch Transmissions
- 9 Electric Powertrains
- 10 Hybrid Powertrains
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Automotive Power Transmission Systems
- Release date: October 2018
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118964811
You might also like
Introduction to ChatGPT and OpenAI
OpenAI ChatGPT is a powerful language model that uses advanced ML techniques to generate human-like text …
The Art of Communication
Bring nuance, depth, and meaning to every conversation you have The Art of Communication is for …
Fall in Love with the Problem, Not the Solution
Unicorns-companies that reach a valuation of more than $1 billion-are rare. Uri Levine has built two. …
Automotive System Safety
Contains practical insights into automotive system safety with a focus on corporate safety organization and safety …