Attract top talent and energize your workforce with a MAGNETIC CULTURE
“Sheridan outlines simple but powerful steps to take in creating and maintaining an organization that fosters an environment with similar attraction.”
—Marshall Goldsmith, Ph.D., international bestselling author of MOJO and What Got You Here Won’t Get You There
“A compelling case for and guide to the creation of a high engagement/high performance workforce.”
—Douglas R. Conant, retired president and CEO, Campbell Soup Company; New York Times bestselling author of TouchPoints
“It’s impossible for any company to have a monopoly on talent. But it is possible to have the best culture. Sheridan shares insights and best practices for creating an engaging culture where associates can grow and thrive.”
—Frits van Paassche n, president and CEO, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
“A long time ago I discovered that when employees are passionate about their work, customers are passionate about the company. Kevin Sheridan knows that secret too. His insights on finding the right people and getting them engaged can change your culture forever.”
—Quint Studer, founder of Studer Group, 2010 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient
“This book is filled with practical ideas, illuminating case stories, and fresh perspectives to stir employee engagement in any organization.”
—Pamela Meyer, Ph.D., author of From Workplace to Playspace: Innovating, Learning and Changing through Dynamic Engagement
About the Book:
The perils of a disengaged workforce are well known—low productivity, high employee turnover, and failure to meet organization-wide goals. Less well known is what to do about it. How do you create a workforce that is always ready, able, and eager to take the organization to the next level?
You have to create a MAGNETIC CULTURE.
As CEO of leading employee survey and HR consulting firm HR Solutions, Inc., Kevin Sheridan knows how it’s done—and in Building a Magnetic Culture, he shares all his secrets.
Building a Magnetic Culture explains what engages and motivates employees and how to create an environment in which employees can thrive. Drawing on years of research and real-world examples from his consulting experience, Sheridan gives you the strategies and tactics you need to transform your company by creating and sustaining a Magnetic Culture.
Providing benchmarking and best practices, as well as interviews with executives and HR professionals at companies that boast the highest levels of employee engagement, Sheridan outlines an easy-to-follow plan that:
- Attracts the most talented people—and retains them
- Makes employees feel they are part of the value that their organization creates
- Increases Employee Engagement and drives productivity
- Boosts creativity and problem solving
According to HR Solutions’ own employee survey results, actively engaged employees show four times more satisfaction in their work and are four times less likely to leave than disengaged employees are. Is there a reason not to make building a Magnetic Culture your top priority?
Simply put, organizations that place a high value on actively cultivating a culture of engagement stand apart from their competition and enjoy superior business results.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Building A Magnetic Culture
- Copyright Page
- CHAPTER 1 WHAT IS A MAGNETIC CULTURE AND WHAT ARE THE BOTTOM LINE BENEFITS OF EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT?
- CHAPTER 2 ENGAGEMENT IS A TWO-WAY STREET: EIGHT STEPS FOR CREATING AN ENVIRONMENT OF SHARED ENGAGEMENT
- CHAPTER 3 THE TOP 10 ENGAGEMENT DRIVERS
- CHAPTER 4 RECRUITING: THE FOUNDATION OF A MAGNETIC CULTURE
- CHAPTER 5 OVERCOMING DEMAGNETIZERS: COMPENSATION AND OTHER CHALLENGES FOR MANAGERS
- CHAPTER 6 DO NOT IGNORE DIVERSITY
- CHAPTER 7 ENGAGEMENT TRENDS
- CHAPTER 8 TAKING ACTION TOWARD ENGAGEMENT
- CONCLUSION: THE ULTIMATE SUMMIT: ENGAGEMENT
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Title: Building a Magnetic Culture: How to Attract and Retain Top Talent to Create an Engaged, Productive Workforce
- Release date: December 2011
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071775113
You might also like
The Art of Leadership (Audio Book)
Many people think leadership is a higher calling that resides exclusively with managers who practice or …
The Strategy Book, 2nd Edition
WINNER OF THE COMMUTER'S READ AWARD AT THE 2013 CMI MANAGEMENT BOOK OF THE YEAR AWARDS …
The Rules of Parenting, 3rd Edition
Over 32,000 copies sold. The golden principles and behaviours to guide you smoothly through the challenges …
Culture Connection: How Developing a Winning Culture Will Give Your Organization a Competitive Advantage
The business world is only now beginning to open its eyes to the fact that a …