An experienced Australian fund manager explains how the share market can be a fun and simple place to operate if you take the right approach.
The share market is awash with new opportunities to profit everyday as millions of shares in thousands of companies change hands. Even if half of your decisions go wrong you still have a genuine chance of generating a profit like the pros – it really is the easiest game on earth! Despite all of this the share market has lost its appeal for many people since the onset of the GFC.
In Bulls, Bears and a Croupier Matthew Kidman explains why a new bull market, with the potential to increase stock prices tenfold, is just around the corner and readers need to prise open their wallets.
With more than a decade of experience as a professional fund manager, Kidman deconstructs the share market, explodes the myths and turns traditional thinking on its head to show new and experienced investors alike that the share market can be a lot of fun and you can make a lot of money. You just have to know how!
Table of contents
- Table of Contents
- Title Page
- About the author
Part I: The wonderful sharemarket
- Chapter 1: The pitch
- Chapter 2: The gun investor
- Chapter 3: No training and no idea
Part II: Building the foundations
- Chapter 4: Who are you? The road to discovery
- Chapter 5: Creating your own Wall Street
- Chapter 6: The nine rules of success
Part III: Ready, set, go!
- Chapter 7: Finding stocks that go up
- Chapter 8: Primary school numbers
- Chapter 9: Margins, ratios and all that jazz
- Chapter 10: All companies are different
- Chapter 11: The perfect company
- Chapter 12: Trophy cabinet to rubbish bin
- Chapter 13: Don't fight momentum
- Chapter 14: Traps
- Chapter 15: The mystery of management
Part IV: Exploding the myths
- Chapter 16: Skin in the game
- Chapter 17: Look for the catalyst not the company
- Chapter 18: Old and past it
- Chapter 19: Smart money - bad results
- Chapter 20: Other myths
Part V: Are professionals better?
- Chapter 21: Professional versus punter
- Chapter 22: Money managers, money makers
Part VI: When does a bull become a bear?
- Chapter 23: Is this a bull or a bear?
- Chapter 24: History has the answers
- Chapter 25: Where are we in 2011?
- Chapter 26: Get ready to touch the sky
- Title: Bulls, Bears & a Croupier: The insider's guide to profiting from the Australian stockmarket
- Release date: December 2011
- Publisher(s): Wrightbooks
- ISBN: 9780730377559
You might also like
Building Algorithmic Trading Systems: A Trader's Journey From Data Mining to Monte Carlo Simulation to Live Trading, + Website
Develop your own trading system with practical guidance and expert advice In Building Algorithmic Trading Systems: …
Essential Algorithms, 2nd Edition
A friendly introduction to the most useful algorithms written in simple, intuitive English The revised and …
Encyclopedia of Quantitative Finance, IV Volume Set
"What initially looked like an impossible undertaking has become a formidable achievement, stretching from the theoretical …
A Guide to Creating A Successful Algorithmic Trading Strategy
Turn insight into profit with guru guidance toward successful algorithmic trading A Guide to Creating a …