CCNP Security Secure 642-637 Official Cert Guide is a comprehensive self-study tool for preparing for the Secure exam. This book teaches you how to secure Cisco IOS Software router and switch-based networks and provide security services based on Cisco IOS Software. Complete coverage of all exam topics as posted on the exam topic blueprint ensures you will arrive at a thorough understanding of what you need to master to succeed on the exam. The book follows a logical organization of the Secure exam objectives. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your retention and recall of exam topics. This book helps you organize your exam preparation through the use of the consistent features, including:
· Pre-chapter quiz — These quizzes allow you to assess your knowledge of the chapter content and decide how much time to spend on any given section.
· Foundation Topics — These sections make up the majority of the page count, explaining concepts, configurations, with emphasis on the theory and concepts, and with linking the theory to the meaning of the configuration commands.
· Key Topics — Inside the Foundation Topics sections, every figure, table, or list that should absolutely be understood and remembered for the exam is noted with the words “Key Topic” in the margin. This tool allows you to quickly review the most important details in each chapter.
· Exam Preparation — This ending section of each chapter includes additional features for review and study, all designed to help you remember the details as well as to get more depth. You will be instructed to review key topics from the chapter, complete tables and lists from memory, and define key terms.
· Final Preparation Chapter–This final chapter details a set of tools and a study plan to help you complete your exam preparation.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- About the Authors
- About the Technical Reviewers
- Contents at a Glance
- Icons Used in This Book
Part I. Network Security Technologies Overview
- Chapter 1. Network Security Fundamentals
- Chapter 2. Network Security Threats
- Chapter 3. Network Foundation Protection (NFP) Overview
- Chapter 4. Configuring and Implementing Switched Data Plane Security Solutions
- Chapter 5. 802.1X and Cisco Identity-Based Networking Services (IBNS)
- Chapter 6. Implementing and Configuring Basic 802.1X
- Chapter 7. Implementing and Configuring Advanced 802.1X
Part II. Cisco IOS Foundation Security Solutions
- Chapter 8. Implementing and Configuring Cisco IOS Routed Data Plane Security
- Chapter 9. Implementing and Configuring Cisco IOS Control Plane Security
- Chapter 10. Implementing and Configuring Cisco IOS Management Plane Security
- Chapter 11. Implementing and Configuring Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Chapter 12. Implementing and Configuring Zone-Based Policy Firewalls
- Chapter 13. Implementing and Configuring IOS Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- Chapter 14. Introduction to Cisco IOS Site-to-Site Security Solutions
- Chapter 15. Deploying VTI-Based Site-to-Site IPsec VPNs
- Part III. Cisco IOS Threat Detection and Control
- Part IV. Managing and Implementing Cisco IOS Site-to-Site Security Solutions
- Appendix A. Answers to Chapter DIKTA Quizzes and Fill in the Blanks Questions
- Appendix B. CCNP Security 642-637 SECURE Exam Updates, Version 1.0
- Appendix C. Memory Tables
- Appendix D. Memory Table Answers
- Title: CCNP Security Secure 642-637 Official Cert Guide
- Release date: June 2011
- Publisher(s): Cisco Press
- ISBN: 9780132378581