This chapter covers the following subjects:
• Configuration choices, basic procedures, and required input parameters: Describes the difference between intrusion detection and intrusion prevention. It also covers the concept of signatures.
• Choosing an IPS sensor platform: Cisco provides many platforms through which you can deploy Cisco IOS intrusion prevention. The company’s hardware and software implementations are covered in this section.
• Deploying Cisco IOS Software IPS signature policies: Covers creating and deploying signature policies.
• Tuning Cisco IOS Software IPS signatures: Covers tuning IPS signatures to fit your network.
• Deploying Cisco IOS Software ...