This chapter covers
- The importance of data parallelism in a world of big data
- Applying the Fork/Join pattern
- Writing declarative parallel programs
- Understanding the limitation of a parallel
- Increasing performance with data parallelism
Imagine you’re cooking a spaghetti for dinner for four, and let’s say it takes 10 minutes to prepare and serve the pasta. You begin the preparation by filling a medium-sized pot with water to boil. Then, two more friends show up at your house for dinner. Clearly, you need to make more pasta. You can switch to a bigger pot of water with more spaghetti, which will take longer to cook, or you can use a second pot in tandem with the first, ...