Create bold web content and build a loyal customer base online
Blogs, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and other publishing platforms are giving everyone a "voice," including organizations and their customers. So how do you create the bold stories, videos, and blog posts that cultivate fans, arouse passion for your products or services, and ignite your business?
Content Rules equips you for online success with a one-stop source on the art and science of developing marketing content that people care about. This coverage is interwoven with case studies of companies successfully spreading their ideas online-and using them to establish credibility and build a loyal customer base.
Learn the art of storytelling and the science of journalism
Find an authentic "voice" and craft bold content that will resonate with prospects and buyers and encourage them to share it with others
Leverage social media and social tools to get your content and ideas distributed as widely as possible
Written by the Chief Content Officers of marketingprofs.com
Boost your online presence and engage with customers and prospects like never before with Content Rules.
Table of contents
- Big Fat Overview (Sometimes Called an Introduction)
1. The Content Rules
- 1. The Case for Content
- 2. The Content Rules
- 3. Insight Inspires Originality: Who Do You Want to Attract?
- 4. Who Are You?
- 5. Reimagine; Don't Recycle: Anatomy of a Content Circle of Life
6. Share or Solve; Don't Shill
- 6.1. What Do I Talk about When There's Nothing to Say?
- 6.2. What I Really Want to Do Is Direct: Hiring Content Creators and Sourcing Content from Elsewhere
- 7. Stoke the Campfire
- 8. Create Wings and Roots
- 9. The Care and Feeding of Fans
10. Attention B2B Companies: This Is the Chapter You Are Looking For
- 10.1. Your Prospects Are Avoiding You
- 10.2. Marketers Need to Pick Up the Ball and Run with It
- 10.3. Content Marketing Is the Key
10.4. Additional Steps to Getting Hitched: Content and B2B, True Love Always
- 10.4.1. Why: Clarifying Objectives for B2B Content
- 10.4.2. Who: Understanding the Nuances of Your B2B Audience
- 10.4.3. What: Map What You Know to How They Buy
- 10.4.4. When: What's Special About the B2B Editorial Calendar?
- 10.4.5. How: Craft Interesting, Informative, Entertaining Content (Yes, You Can!)
- 10.4.6. Where: Spreading Seeds
- 10.4.7. To Register or Not to Register
2. The How-To Section
11. A Blog as a Hub of Your Online Content
11.1. Blogging Guidelines
- 11.1.1. Define Your Purpose
- 11.1.2. Set a Reliable Schedule
- 11.1.3. Mix It Up!
- 11.1.4. Move Beyond the Written Word
- 11.1.5. Size Matters
- 11.1.6. Learn How to Write Killer Headlines
- 11.1.7. Design Is Important
- 11.1.8. Create Momentum
- 11.1.9. Consider Comment Moderation
- 11.1.10. Categorize and Tag Everything
- 11.1.11. Write the Way You Speak
- 11.1.12. Don't Overthink
- 11.1. Blogging Guidelines
- 12. If Webinars Are Awesome Marketing Tools, Why Do Most of Them Suck?
- 13. What's the Difference between an Ebook and a White Paper? (And When Should You Use Them?)
- 14. The Single Biggest Secret to Creating a Compelling Customer Success Story
- 15. From Dumpy to Sexy An FAQs Makeover
- 16. Video: Show Me a Story
- 17. Podcasting: Is This Thing On?
- 18. Photographs: The Power of Pictures
- 11. A Blog as a Hub of Your Online Content
3. Content That Converts: Success Stories (with Ideas You Can Steal!)
- 19. Reynolds Golf Academy: Greensboro, Georgia
- 20. The Cool Beans Group: Greensboro, North Carolina
- 21. U.S. Army: Fort Knox, Kentucky; Fort Monroe, Virginia
- 22. AskPatty.com, Inc.: Thousand Oaks, California
- 23. Kadient: Lowell, Massachusetts
- 24. HubSpot: Cambridge, Massachusetts
- 25. Kodak: Rochester, New York
- 26. Boeing Company: Chicago, Illinois
- 27. Indium Corporation: Clinton, New York
- 28. PinkStinks: London, England
- 4. This Isn't Goodbye
- Title: Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business
- Release date: December 2010
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470648285
You might also like
LinkedIn For Dummies, 5th Edition
Make LinkedIn your number one professional branding tool LinkedIn is the premiere social network for professionals …
Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business
The guide to creating engaging web content and building a loyal following, revised and updated Blogs, …
Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content
Finally a go-to guide to creating and publishing the kind of content that will make your …
The Brand Flip: Why customers now run companies and how to profit from it
Best-selling brand expert Marty Neumeier shows you how to make the leap from a company-driven past …