HR professionals' guide to creating a culturally agile talent pipeline
Succeeding in today's global economy requires organizations to acquire, develop, and retain professionals who can operate effectively around the world, irrespective of country or culture. More than ever before, organizations need a pipeline of professionals who possess cultural agility, the ability to quickly, comfortably, and successfully work in cross-cultural and international environments. As the competition for culturally agile talent grows, meeting this critical human resource challenge requires highly effective, cutting-edge talent management practices. With step-by-step guidance and evidence of effectiveness, this book offers those critical practices—many which can be implemented today.
Includes how-to details for implementing talent management practices to build a pipeline of cultural agile professionals in any organization
Features illustrative examples from a wide range of organizations, including the Peace Corps, the US Military, and many Fortune 500 companies
Allows access to the Cultural Agility Self-Assessment (CASA), an interactive online assessment
This book is a must-have resource for human resource professionals and all business leaders who know that the key to their organizations' success in today's complex global economy is their culturally agile human talent.
Note: The ebook version does not provide access to the companion files.
Table of Contents
- Part 1: Introduction: The Basics of Cultural Agility
Part 2: Who is Culturally Agile?
- Chapter 2: Three Cross-Cultural Competencies Affecting Culturally Agile Responses
- Chapter 3: Nine Cross-Cultural Competencies Affecting Success Of Culturally Agile Professionals
Part 3: Attract and Select the Most Culturally Agile Talent
- Chapter 4: Attracting and Recruiting for Cultural Agility
- Chapter 5: Assessing and Selecting for Cultural Agility
Part 4: Train and Develop Culturally Agile Talent
- Chapter 6: Building the Foundation for Cultural Agility with Cross-Cultural Training
- Chapter 7: Crafting Developmental Cross-Cultural Experiences to Increase Cultural Agility
- Chapter 8: Developing Cultural Agility Through International Assignments
Part 5: Conclusion: Leadership and Organizational Factors
- Chapter 9: Managing and Leading to Build Cultural Agility in the Workforce
- About the Author
- Title: Cultural Agility: Building a Pipeline of Successful Global Professionals
- Release date: August 2012
- Publisher(s): Jossey-Bass
- ISBN: 9781118275078