Chapter 4. Building images
- Some basics of image creation
- Manipulating the Docker build cache for fast and reliable builds
- Configuring timezones as part of an image build
- Running commands directly on your containers from the host
- Drilling down into the layers created by an image build
- Using the more advanced ONBUILD feature when building and using images
To get beyond the basics of using Docker, you’ll want to start creating your own building blocks (images) to pull together in interesting ways. This chapter will cover some of the important parts of image creation, looking at practicalities that you might otherwise stumble over.
4.1. Building images
Although the simplicity of Dockerfiles makes them ...