Large sensor video cameras (DSLRs) offer filmmakers an affordable, high-quality image previously impossible without high-end cinema cameras. These video-capable DSLR cameras have revolutionized filmmaking, documentary production, journalism, television, and even Hollywood cinema. This book empowers the filmmaker to craft visually stunning images inexpensively.
DSLR Cinema presents insight into different shooting styles and real-world tips and techniques indispensible to any DSLR filmmaker. This updated and expanded edition includes new workflows for Adobe Premier and Final Cut X-from syncing external audio settings to using the right settings. It also covers the workflow for using Technicolor's picture style, CineStyle, designed on consultation with Canon scientists.
DSLR Cinema features case studies of an international cast of cutting edge DSLR shooters, including Philip Bloom, Shane Hurlbut, Bernardo Uzeda, Rii Schroer, Danfun Dennis, and many more. The films are examined in detail, exploring how each exemplifies great storytelling, exceptional visual character, and how you can push the limits of your DSLR.
Table of contents
- Front Cover
- Half Title
- Title Page
- FOREWORD by Shane Hurlburt, ASC
- ABOUT THE WEBSITE
- INTRODUCTION: THE HDSLR CINEMA REVOLUTION
PART 1 DSLR Shooter’s Toolkit
- CHAPTER 1 Composition, Blocking, and Camera Movement
- CHAPTER 2 Lighting Your DSLR Shoot
- CHAPTER 3 Exposing Your Shots with DSLRs
- CHAPTER 4 Using DSLR Picture Styles
- CHAPTER 5 Recording Quality Audio with DSLRs: Yes, It’s Possible!
- CHAPTER 6 DSLR Postproduction Workflow and Techniques
- CHAPTER 7 Telling Better Stories with Your DSLR
PART 2 Master DSLR Shooters at Work: Case Studies
- CHAPTER 8 Crafting the Film Look with Postproduction
- CHAPTER 9 Crafting the Film Look by Building a Rapport with Characters
- CHAPTER 10 Crafting the Film Look with Cinema Lenses
- CHAPTER 11 Crafting the Film Look with Location and CGI Art
- CHAPTER 12 Crafting the Film Look with Light, Composition, and Blocking
- CHAPTER 13 Crafting the Film Look with Sound Design
- CHAPTER 14 Crafting the Film Look with Puppets and Miniature Sets
- PART 3 Getting the Gear
- Title: DSLR Cinema, 2nd Edition
- Release date: May 2013
- Publisher(s): Focal Press
- ISBN: 9781136040092
You might also like
Automate the Boring Stuff with Python
Automate the Boring Stuff with Python teaches simple programming skills to automate everyday computer tasks.
"Practical SQL is an approachable and fast-paced guide to SQL (Structured Query Language), the standard programming …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …